How often do you drain and refill your spa?
Draining and refilling your spa is one of the most important steps in maintaining your spa. If the same water is used too long, it can become very difficult to keep clear, balanced and sanitized. To find out exactly how often you should be cleaning, draining and refilling your spa, you can use this calculation. Volume of spa water / 3 / Average Daily Bather Load = Number of days between drains. If you’re unsure of the volume of your spa, a good rule of thumb is to drain and refill your spa every 3 months.
There are a few products you can use to make this process quick and easy.
Clean the spa surface with BioGuard Off The Wall.
Off The Wall®
- Penetrates and removes tough grime, scale and deposits from pool and spa surfaces
- Non-abrasive, super-thick gel formula
- Enhanced stain removal capabilities
- Suitable for use on all pool and spa surfaces
Clean the spa plumbing with SpaGuard System Flush.
Spa System Flush
- Removes unseen build-up in spa plumbing that can impact performance
- Works with all sanitizer systems
- Works with all spa sizes
Clean your spa filters with SpaGuard Filter Cleaner.
- Breaks down oils and dirt embedded in filter’s fabric
- Helps keep water clear by promoting better filtration
- Easy-to-use sprayer applicator
If you are on a well or have a lot of minerals in your fill water:
Use a Hayward Water Bobby and SpaGuard Stain and Scale Control to protect the spa surface and equipment from staining and scale formation.
Stain & Scale Control
- Prevents scale formation and cloudy water due to high calcium levels
- Removes some scale build-up on spa surface, preventing damage to surfaces and circulation systems
- Removes relatively fresh metal stains from spa surfaces
Hayward Water Bobby
- Perfect at start-up, after remodeling, or anytime when refilling the pool or spa
- This disposable filter is made from a mono-filament polypropylene, the same kind of material used to make DE pool filter grids
- 10″ water filter filters up to 20,000 gallons; 20″ water filter filters up to 40,000 gallons
Make taking care of your spa even easier with SpaGuard TRIO!
With a 3 month supply of product it times drain and refills for you so you don’t even have to put it in your calendar.
Learn more about SpaGuard TRIO Here CLICK HERE