Your spa cover is a big and very important investment. It’s a big investment first because of the cost of purchasing it, but also an integral component in the cost efficiency of your spa. If it is not properly cared for, the vinyl in the cover can become brittle and crack, allowing moisture to seep in and will become waterlogged and heavy. When a cover has become waterlogged, it loses its integrity as one of your spa’s main insulators. If heat is escaping through a bad cover, you’re losing money. In order to protect your investment and save you money in heating costs in the long run, make it a part of your spa maintenance routine to clean and protect your cover twice a year. It is as easy as cleaning the filter.
What is Vinyl?
Vinyl is a plastic material made from PVC. A vinyl’s topcoat holds in plasticizers, softening agents which keep the material supple. Vinyl is very UV sensitive and over time will degrade when exposed to the sun. A proper care regimen should include cleaning and protecting against harmful UV rays, which can extend the life of your vinyl cover and keep it looking new year after year. Keep in mind, however, that using the wrong vinyl cleaner and protectant is worse than using no products at all.
Cleaning Made Simple…
303 Multi-Surface Cleaner is specially formulated to rinse residue free to allow our protectants to properly adhere to the surface. designed to accomplish even the toughest cleaning jobs while using no harsh chemicals. Safe for all water-safe surfaces. Soiling and moisture are essential to mildew growth. Keeping vinyl clean and dry is crucial to prevent mildew.
- Effective surface cleaning stain removing formula
- All in one cleaner with ultimate cleaning power with no greasy residue
- Leaves surfaces looking new with no streaks left behind
- Designed for all water-safe materials
- Rinse surface with cool water
- Wash thouroughly with 303 Multi-Surface Cleaning Wipes
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water and allow to dry
- Always avoid harsh cleaners, abrasives, petroleum distillates or alcohol
- Protect the vinyl with 303 Aerospace Protectant
303 Aerospace Protectant is a premium surface treatment that provides superior protection against the harmful effects of UV rays that can cause discoloration, fading, embrittlement, cracking and chalking.
Easy to apply; simply wipe and dry.
- Safe and effective on all forms of vinyl
- Instantly restores lost color and luster
- Repels dust, soiling and stains
- Vinyl stays cleaner longer and cleans up easier when soiled