Does Your Pool Look Like This?
If you’re like many others who have just opened their pool and merely looking at your pool overwhelms you, bring it to the experts at ASAP and we’ll fix it for you!
We offer FREE water tests all year long and have BioGuard Certified Water Care Experts in the store at all times. Let us test your water- Don’t let your pool test your patience!
Does your spa cover have a strange odor?
Are there visible signs of mildew on it?
If you’re having trouble with mildew on your spa cover, here’s an easy way step by step to get rid of it- recommended by Sunstar Spa Covers.
- Remove foam cores from vinyl encasement.
- Mix 2 gallons of water, 1 Teaspoon of mild dish washing soap, and 1 cup of bleach.
- With a soft bristle brush, scrub the inside of the encasement thoroughly.
- Wipe down each foam core with a wash cloth and rinse both well.
- Put the encasement in the sun and the foam cores in the shade to dry. (Do not put foam cores in the sun, they will melt!)
- When everything is dry, spray the cores and inside the encasement with a mildew inhibitor like Pine Sol®.
- Allow everything to dry and re-assemble.
*If you are using WD-40 to free the Sure-Locs, try using a Q-tip to keep the WD-40 away from your wood cabinet. (It can damage the finish.)
After you’ve ridden your spa cover of that pesky mildew, make sure to keep your water balanced regularly so it won’t return! (Or we can test it for you!)